Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Teachable Moments

“Failure is only the opportunity more intelligently to begin again,” is a quote by Henry Ford from a book he co-authored.

I agree that a lot of lessons can be learned from failure, and I think that the best way to do that is to  learn from the failures of others. What I want most out of this class is to learn what not to do. Being a successful entrepreneur is not about just trying over and over again until you get it right, but trying in a better way than you did before to get it right. In other words, if (or more likely when) it doesn't work the first time, don't just try again, but look at why it didn't work and then try again.

Computer scientists are people who by nature discover, create, and invent. They are natural entrepreneurs in a sense; continually looking for improvements from what they did last. Sometimes, though, there are just too many ideas to sort through and follow up on.

I am hoping this class will help me to narrow my focus to the achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment